Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Madame MPH


After a quick two years, I have finished my graduate program (aka, my excuse for not blogging.) It is exciting and nerve-racking to be all done with school. I can't remember a time in my life where I wasn't researching the next program I would apply to. Maybe there is a PhD in my future? Maybe not! As for now, please refer to me as Madame MPH. Thanks.
Update: Vince and I moved back to San Diego. We miss Santa Monica, but enjoy being home. Vince is almost always working these days, not that I'm complaining. I am almost never working these days - now I am complaining. I actually do have a job. I work part time for California Food Policy Advocates as a Nutrition Policy Analyst. I love the organization, I am passionate about the work I am doing, I just wish there was more. 

But more importantly, I am almost always busy with wedding planning. The wedding is in 4 months and I have a long list of home-made to do's. Currently: Invitations. Who was the crazy person who told me making my own invitations was not that bad? (I think it was me.) I only have approximately 150 invitations to make and I have only added about eight different crafting layers to each one. I am also on the hunt for a good wedding cake. In the process, I have learned that I just don't like wedding cake - uh oh. I kind of want a wedding apple pie. Sounds just slightly messy to feed to each other, though. Any suggestions?


Thanks to those who have waited through the long lulls of nothingness! No excuses now… I'm back!

1 comment:

Allie Rose said...

Congrats on finishing your masters! If I'm honest, all of the doctors, nurses, therapists and public healthers from our graduating class are starting to make me feel weird about my Mad Men lifestyle.

Good luck with the wedding details!!